Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011

I'm back!  I struggled with internet connection and motivation to write in here, but I'm ready to start this back up again.  A few things have happened since I last wrote.  Most notably, I ran the Women's Half Marathon in St. Petersburg, FL in November.  It was one of the greatest experiences of my life!  My friend and I ran together for the first 6.5 miles and then split off.  We hadn't planned to run together, but it made the first half go by fast.  Once I hit 9 miles, I thought "I can see how people do this." =)  At 10 miles, I just thought "only a 5K left!"  Then at 11 miles, I thought..."my legs are going to fall off.  What am I doing?"  Haha...=)  My hamstrings, thighs, and glutes burned!  But when I made it to 12 miles, I knew I could do it if I just kept moving one foot after another.  And I finished.  I finished.  I FINISHED!  My total time was 3:00:45.  My optimistic goal was 3 hours, so I feel pretty good about that time.  Once I was done, I knew I wanted to do another one.  Crazy lady!
I've also officially started Weight Watchers.  I followed it unofficially from January 2010 to December 2010.  I lost 50 pounds on my own; however from July to December I continued to re-gain and re-lose the same 10 pounds.  It was frustrating and annoying.  I would get so close to being under 200 pounds and never make it.  In December WW changed their system.  It seemed like a good time to start attending meetings and becoming an official member.  I did great losing 40 pounds on my own.  Now I need to Ask For Help (WW tool) from others to continue on my journey.  I've been to 3 meetings and I think my leader is awesome! =)  Right now I weigh 211.8. My first goal is 201.8 (5% of my starting weight).  I'm back in it and I'm ready!
This blog will comprise of my journey on to being a healthy, fit person.  My goal is to write at least once every two weeks (if not every week).  I'm sure I'll be bursting to come here and post on my good weeks, but I'll also work to be honest on the not-so-good ones.
Good luck to all that are on this venture.  We can do it and come out on top!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I found my CSA by Googling my neighborhood with "CSA" next to it. Probably not the most moust sound way to find something, but it ended up being a great choice. I also chose it because the pick up site was close to my house. Most CSAs have a website with photos and a list of the produce they expect to have at various times. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete